Friday, June 19, 2009

Accused 9/11 mastermind: ‘I make up stories’ to stop torture

This is why torture was never acceptable prior to 9-11. IT DOESN'T WORK. It's also why they can't charge or try any of these "terrorists". All of the confessions and "evidence" were obtained under torture.

    In potentially another blow to advocates of torture and harsh interrogation, transcripts released yesterday show that alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed says he made up stories to appease his interrogators.

    ”I make up stories,” Mohammed is quoted as saying in his 2007 Gitmo hearing. The alleged 9/11 plotter claimed to have taken part in at least 29 terrorist plots.

    Mohammed says he told his questioners he didn’t know the location of Osama Bin Laden, and was tortured as a result.

    “”Where is he? I don’t know,” Mohammed said. ‘Then he torture me. Then I said, ‘Yes, he is in this area or this is al Qaeda which I don’t know him.’ I said no, they torture me.’”

    “Yet at the same military tribunal hearing, Mohammed ticked off a list of 29 terror plots in which he took part,” AP reported. “The transcripts were released as part of a lawsuit in which the American Civil Liberties Union is seeking documents and details of the government’s terror detainee programs.”

    Taken from page 15 of the PDF:

    ….be under questioning so many statement which been some of them I make up stories just location UBL. Where is he? I don’t know. Then he torture me. Then I said yes, he is in this area or this is al Qaida which I don’t him. I said no, they torture me. Does he know you? I say don’t him but how come he know you. I told him I’m senior man. Many people know me which I don’t them. I ask him even if he knew George Bush. He said, yes I do. He don’t know you that not means its false.

No comments:

Post a Comment