Friday, April 30, 2010

One in eight to cut cable and satellite TV in 2010

Kill your TV, before it kills you.

I used to tell people that if my cable weren't included in my rent package, I wouldn't have it at all. And then I realized, just because it's free that doesn't mean I have to use it. So I moved my TV away from the cable outlet, and now only watch movies - mostly information and documentary DVDs. Turn your TV off and read a book. Your kids will see you reading and will want to read too. And you'll be detoxing yours and their minds. Get outside and interact with nature and your neighbors. Reconnect with reality, and I don't mean reality TV.

    CNN -

    Despite rising cable and satellite TV prices and easy access to streaming TV and movies on the Internet, few consumers have cut the cord. But that looks like it's about to change.

    One in eight consumers will eliminate or scale back their cable, satellite or other pay-TV service this year, according to a new study released this week by Yankee Group.

Read it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment