BP has been given unlimited access to all BP operations and meetings to a Louisiana shrimper's wife named Kindra Arnesen.
As Yves Smith notes:
Arensen appears to have been invited in because she got media coverage earlier in June when CNN covered her efforts to organize wives of Gulf fisherman over concerns about the safety of working on oil cleanup.
In a must-watch video, Arnesen says:
- BP is given advanced warning when an official is going to show up to any place where there is oil. All assets are deployed. As soon as the official leaves, 75-80% of the assets are removed. BP calls it a "pony and balloons" show.
- "We are expendable to these people. We do not matter."
- They're not cleaning it up, they're covering it up.
- BP is making it impossible for clean-up workers to wear respirators.
- She saw hundreds of thousands of fish dying, so disoriented by the oil that they crashed into her boat.
- There is a media blackout.
- If the country does not stand up and say "no more", this will go global. All of the world's oceans are connected. If not stopped, it will destroy one-third of the world's water.
Former clean-up worker Candy Morris also said the clean-up efforts are just for show, are only cosmetic, and are just for the cameras: