Friday, June 25, 2010

Videographer: It’s raining oil in Louisiana

I'm not exactly endorsing this story. I honestly don't believe it can rain oil. I'm not an expert on such things, but it doesn't seem plausible to me. At least not under normal weather conditions. I could certainly see as plausible the possibility that a powerful hurricane could suck oil out of the gulf and dump it inland. I'm taking a wait and see approach to that. What seems far more plausible to me - and again I'm not an expert - is the possibility that the dispersants may evaporate and rain down on the Gulf Coast.

The only thing I do know for sure is that this disaster, probably engineered or at least allowed to happen, is being allowed to run its course for maximum shock value to be exploited by the government. Because that's what governments do in a crisis: they don't solve the problem, they seek ways to exploit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment